The goal of the Antelope Jr. Titans to provide all participants with proper technique, quality training, and fitness levels necessary to execute football skills. We are the feeder program for Antelope High School and want to give each child every opportunity to become successful high school football players and cheerleaders, while having fun!
Our goal is to create a family atmosphere. There will be high expectations of each member of this program to represent AJT and our community to the highest standard. These expectations will all focus on making each participant, and our program successful for years to come. Our primary focus is to use the spirit of football and cheerleading to teach some of life’s most important lessons: teamwork, character, integrity, discipline, hard work, and dedication. Lastly, this program will be fun and will create positive memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.
You Got Questions?
We Got Answers!
Who can sign up to play for Antelope Jr. Titans football?
Antelope Jr. Titans will welcome any youth athlete in the age groups below, whether they have years of football experience or have never played football before. We are a feeder program for all Antelope High Schools and encourage future High School players to sign up, we do not have any residential boundary requirements for registration in our youth program.
Which football team will my player be on?
We have 4 teams, and teams are based on age as of August 1 of the current year.
· 8u Team - ages 6, 7, & 8. 105lbs+ will be considered X-Men.
· 10u Team - ages 9 & 10. 150lbs+ will be considered X-Men.
· 12u Team - ages 11 & 12 170lbs+ will be considered X-Men.
· 14u Team - ages 13 & 14 (no high schoolers) 185lbs+ will be considered X-Men.
X-Men can only play along the offensive and defensive lines.
See information on the head coach at your players level on the “football” tab of our website.
What league are our teams in?
Antelope Jr. Titans organization is a member of SYF (Sacramento Youth Football). SYF has multiple divisions each year, and division placements can change each year. Specific division placement will be announced when it is released by SYF. Check out www.sacyouthfootball.com for more information about SYF.
What kind of time commitment can I expect from the football season?
The exact dates can change each year when the official SYF start dates are released, but below are some general informational items that you’ll find useful. Youth football is a substantial time commitment, and we want to make sure our families are aware. Once the calendar is finalized and announced, it will be very specific and detailed. We will ensure all registered players receive these updates.
· All of our practices and clinics will be held at a local park in Antelope.
· Our season will kick off with a Jr Titan camp in mid-July after registration closes.
(This is a non-mandatory camp & will be an additional fee paid to the HS to attend)
· The season will officially start in late-July with 4 practices per week (M - Th).
· Once our games begin in mid-August, practices will decrease to 3 days per week (T - Th).
· We will have at least one weekend jamboree/scrimmage day, approximately 8 regular season games on Saturdays, and potentially a Sunday game. We have playoff & championship games on Saturdays.
· Organization and team events (fundraising events, parent meetings, opening day, team banquet, etc.).
· Home games will be at Antelope High School and away games will be at various locations in the region.
· Game times will vary but are typically 8u – 10a, 10u – 12a, 12u – 2p, 14u – 4p
· Games usually last approximately 2 hours, and coaches generally ask athletes to arrive 60 minutes prior to game time for pre-game meetings and warmups.
· The season will end in late-October or early-November, depending on playoffs & results.
** Any changes to the schedule will always be communicated as soon as possible. **
Are practices mandatory?
Yes. Football is a team sport and practices are important for players to learn to work as a team. It is important to have all players at practices. In the event that a situation arises where you will not be able to attend practice, please contact your head coach and team parent as soon as possible. Depending on the situation, there may be gameday consequences for missed practices.
Can parents stay to watch practice?
Yes! Please Stay-support your athlete & mingle with your fellow Antelope Jr. Titan Parents!
There will be specified areas at practice for parents to stay and watch (bringing a folding chair is recommended). It is helpful for parents to watch practice to see what skills, schemes, and techniques are being taught and what role their player has on the team so the parent can support and supplement these things at home. It is very important for parents to understand their role as a spectator at practices and allow their child to be with their team and coaches without parental interference during practice time, which allows our coaches to focus on coaching and our players to focus on getting coached by their coaches. We do encourage all athletes to take water breaks as a team together.
What equipment is included in registration, and what do we need to provide?
Your registration includes a spirit pack for you to keep (Short / Shirt/Practice Jersey/Pink Socks/Game Socks).
Registration also includes the use of Antelope Jr. Titans helmet, shoulder pads, practice pants and game day pants.
The customized jerseys are an additional cost & for your athlete to keep!
Equipment handout dates will be in July.
Note: players may use their own personal helmet and shoulder pads, provided they meet all California NOSCAE equipment certification laws.
Families should provide football cleats. All athletes will also need to bring a large jug of water to each practice and game.
What safety measures do we employ within our organization to ensure our athletes are safe?
· We provide high quality safety equipment (helmets & shoulder pads) to all players in our program.
· EMT professionals will be present at every game.
· We have a dedicated Board Member for equipment and medical needs. This board member or another assigned and trained adult will be present at all practices and is responsible for monitoring any possible equipment or medical need.
· All coaches at all levels will be trained on the USA Football Heads Up Tackling program.
· All coaches at all levels are CPR and First Aid certified and must pass a full background check in order to become an SYF certified coach.
· Our teams will have a systematic approach to practice scheduling to keep the focus on technique, skill, and knowledge development to improve technique and confidence prior to contact. Football is a physical sport, and nobody can ever guarantee an injury-free experience, but all of our practices at all levels will focus on developmentally appropriate drills and progressions to maximize development and minimize unnecessary contact and risk.
Is my player guaranteed to make the team? Is my player guaranteed to get playing time in the games? Is my player guaranteed to play their favorite position(s)?
Yes, However SYF does not have a playing time requirement. All playing time in games will be at the coach’s discretion and earned during practice. That being said, we as an organization have a developmental philosophy and will make it a priority to get every player on every roster appropriate game experience to help their development. Our desire to develop young players is equal to our desire to win games. If you have any questions or concerns about playing time, please discuss with the head coach.
Position assignments will be made for players with several factors in mind, including team needs and roster makeup, player skill set, and projections of player success on the field. Position preferences may or may not be taken into consideration. It is important to understand that all players will learn a variety of skills to help them become better overall football player. Regardless of what position(s) they play in youth football this year, it will not limit their future position possibilities in our youth program and/or high school.
What are the costs and other financial aspects of youth football?
· Registration will be $375, depending on when you register (register early to get the early-bird discount $50 off, this ends 3/30.)
· There will be additional refundable deposit checks requested for equipment ($250) and required volunteer hours ($200), these deposit checks will be destroyed or returned when the equipment is returned, and the volunteer hours are complete.
· In the event that your athlete is no longer a member of the team, full or partial refunds may be considered before final team placements are made or before July 1, whichever comes first.
· Families will need to purchase some equipment items for themselves as referenced in the equipment section above.
· There is a possibility of financial assistance to families that have financial needs. Please email our president at [email protected] for details.
· Please participate in and tell your friends about our fundraising efforts and events to support our program!
· If you own a company, work for a company, or know of a company that would like to support our program, please encourage them to become a business sponsor. More information is on the sponsorships tab on our website!
What documents are required with my registration?
· Medical Release/Physical: All athletes must have a medical release (physical) done after April 1st and turned in before any participation. The physician should complete the SYF Physical Form and MUST be signed and stamped by the physician.
· Proof of Age: ALL athletes must provide Proof of Age by providing one of the following:
o School Registration Information Sheet: Printed from the school information system (Aeries or similar) for the upcoming school year beginning this Fall. Must include child's name, date of birth, address and grade in the Fall.
o Letter of School Verification: Letter from school office for the upcoming year beginning this Fall. Must include child's name, date of birth, address and grade in the Fall on school letterhead and must include school stamp and be signed.
TIP: Print out or request letter of school enrollment verification/proof of age requirement prior to June when the school information systems or office is closed.
How do people stay informed about Antelope Jr. Titans?
· Visit our website at www.antelopejrtitans.com
· Join our Facebook group – Antelope Jr. Titans Football & Cheer
· Follow our Instagram @antelope_jr_titans
· Join our “Band” App, more info to come!